Thursday, December 15, 2011

Projects: Then and Now

Here are some old projects that I wanted to be sure to post before 2012...

I created this regalia in the Summer of 2009. The green and blue outfit on the left was the first fancy shawl I ever made, and the purple one on the right was the second. I made the barrettes, leggings, shawls, dresses, moccasins, and yokes. It was quite the experience!

These are the very first leggings I am ever making. I haven't been able to work on them quite as often as I should, but they're for myself so there's no pressure. It's a trillium flower.

Here's when my nephew first started standing on his own. This was his first outfit. He's moved on to grass dancing now. We all pitched in some creativity for his regalia. My mom made the ribbon shirt; I made the breastplate, cuffs, aprons, side drops, and leggings; my stepdad made the moccasins. He is one loved little Stockbridge-Munsee baby boy!

This is the VERY FIRST earrings I ever made. They were a gift for my mother. It was probably 2010, so not too long ago. I have a lot to learn but I am very grateful that I have so many people in my family to 'test' my skills on!



No comments:

Post a Comment